Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lumpectomy

I had my lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy on Monday, June 1st. Today it is still quite swollen, but the pain isn't too bad. I am only taking ibuprofen & Tylenol now. I'm also wearing a surgical bra with a lot of compression to reduce the swelling. I should have pathology back before the end of this week. They were able to test my lymph node during surgery -- it was negative! Big relief.

My leg is still healing at a turtle's pace... It's so tight and my range of motion is JUST over 90 degrees bent. If I walk too far or stand for too long, it swells up like I have elephantitis. It's a very, very frustrating process.

I have pretty much spent the entirety of the last 6 weeks just sitting around healing. I am dying to get back to my normal self. I think many people would be surprised at just how much poking, prodding, probing, imaging, testing, and surgery I've endured this past year. It can be a very lonely process... I think it's easy for people around me to become desensitized to it all. But I feel it all the time.

Upcoming appts in Seattle:
Thurs, June 11 - lumpectomy post-op
Tues, June 23 - sarcoma, regular follow-up
Mon, July 20 - dermatology, regular skin check

My schedule for rads is TBD... likely end of June - early August. I'll know more after my post-op next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment