Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Seroma update

I went back to the ER on Friday the 22nd and had the seroma drained from my leg -- 16 cc's! It instantly felt better and I have noticed a decrease in swelling. I can *almost* see my ankle bone again.

I met with my surgeon again in Seattle yesterday, just to make sure everything was still healing okay. He said my range of motion -- which is at about 90 degrees bent -- is where he'd expect to see a patient at 3 months out! That was encouraging.

I am still entirely numb along the surgical site and the front of my calf. My incision is fiery red & screams Frankenstein. But, there is no pain and I can walk short distances and sit without elevating. I am improving every day.

My echocardiogram was normal.

Pre-op at the breast clinic tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment