Friday, May 1, 2015

Post-op life

Sarcoma surgery:

One week ago, I had a successful excisional biopsy on my leg. Pathology should be in early next week. I stayed in the hospital for two nights (and had many thoughtful visitors!) and spent the rest of the week on my couch. Recovery is slow, but going well. Stevie is highly attentive to my every need (even bandage changes) and my mom rules the roost while he is at work... they are freaking amazing. I am able to hobble around without crutches now, but my leg will remain in an immobilizing brace until May 12th (post-op appt). Oh... and I had my drain removed yesterday!

Some wonderful local friends have been doing a "meal train" for us and we are so very grateful for the support and fabulous food! THANKS!

I woke up like dis. #gotafatlipunderanesthesia

Hot husband caregiver.

Sorry if you're eating.

Wheeling me out of the hospital!

Post-op life with my sweet little one!

Bandaid sticker <3


Breast stuff:

I also met with my genetic counselor yesterday. I had blood drawn and will be tested for 29 different gene mutations by Gene Dx. This is a different lab than we used last time and this comprehensive cancer panel will even retest me for Li Fraumeni. Results in 3-4 weeks.

I also have a tentative lumpectomy scheduled for June 1st... assuming these genetic results are back (and negative) and there are no changes to my treatment. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. No one comes out of surgery as beautiful as you, B! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete