Sarcoma:
FINAL DIAGNOSIS:
A) Sarcoma left knee, excision:
· RESIDUAL low-grade spindle cell sarcoma with
myofibroblastic differentiation.
· Residual sarcoma size: 0.4 cm in greatest
dimension.
· Margins are free of sarcoma; residual sarcoma
measures 0.5 cm from the deep margin (composed of
normal tissue/fascia).
Sutures are out... brace is off... scar is hideous... recovery is slow.
I started PT on 5/15 and my range of motion is VERY SLOWLY increasing. It could take about a month to regain full ROM. Too much activity causes extreme swelling, so I am still doing a lot of resting & elevation.
I've also developed an 8cm seroma (fluid pocket) under my incision, which is also causing a lot of extra swelling. It will probably just be something that reabsorbs over time, but I am waiting on more info from my surgeon. I had an U/S to diagnose the seroma yesterday at my local hospital. I feared it was a blood clot, so I feel relieved to know it isn't!
On Wed, I am having an echocardiogram to check on my heart murmur. This was a recommendation from my most recent anesthesiologist. I had a normal EKG last week, so I don't expect anything to come of this. I've had this heart murmur with no problems since I was a kid.
Breast:
Genetic results should be in within a week... My pre-op for lumpectomy is coming up on 5/28. Surgery is still tentatively scheduled for 6/1.
No comments:
Post a Comment