Saturday, June 6, 2015

Micrometastases

Full breast pathology came back yesterday. The good news is that my tumor margins were clear. It was 1.2cm and totally removed.

The not-so-good news is that 1 of the 5 lymph nodes that they tested was positive for 1mm of micrometastases. YES, we originally thought they were negative... but when it's that small, it's hard to detect during surgery. Full pathology tells the whole story.

I only had a quick phone convo with my surgeon, so I'm not totally clear on what this means for my treatment (another surgery to test more nodes? chemo?)... but I have a gut feeling that my treatment will stay the same. She actually said that she didn't think I would need another surgery, but would need to go over this path report with my medical & radiation oncologists first. I have post-op on Thursday and will know more then!

1 comment:

  1. You've been in my thoughts a lot, Blair. You truly are one of the strongest people I know.

    Erin <3

    ReplyDelete