After 3 trips to the ER over the past month and a visit with my sarcoma surgeon this morning... it has been determined that I need part of my leg incision cleaned out and restitched. I have something going on that is keeping it from healing. Whether that is an infection, abscess, dislodged internal sutures, etc... we don't know. I do know that I am scheduled for surgery on Friday. Yep, general anesthesia in the OR... yet again... and I'll probably have another drain. The only way out of it is if I miraculously heal in the next two days. I am pretty much devastated that I have to go through this. Losing my zest for life!
 |
Left: 7 weeks post-op with random bruising occuring... Right: One week later with swelling/redness increasing... |
 |
| When both of your sisters take you to the ER, it becomes a photo shoot. |
In other news, my radiation consultation is on Thursday, July 2nd... treatment will start shortly thereafter. My leg situation won't affect this at all... radiation is localized to the breast.
Thanks to the few of you who read and comment... or even better, reach out to me personally. You know who you are and it means a lot to know you care about me.
No comments:
Post a Comment