Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Moving forward

Genetic testing has finally been approved by my insurance. Test results will still take another week or three...

Tues,  Jan 13 --
Met with sarcoma specialist & radiation oncologist. Although we're still waiting -- still waiting!! -- on those genetic test results, we all decided to move ahead with getting me ready to begin radiation. They set me up with a last minute appointment for my verification simulation that same afternoon. I have ink markings all over my leg (covered with tape) and I'm not allowed to wash them off until I go back in 2 weeks. Easier said than done.



Wed, Jan 14 --
Had a pelvic MRI. Will meet with a gynecologic oncologist when I'm up in Seattle in a couple of weeks... unless she urges me to come in sooner. The MRI results should be available to me within 24 hours, but I won't really know what to make of them until I see the doctor.

Next steps --
Radiation therapy (tentatively) begins on Jan 28th. I will be treated 5 days a week for 5 weeks... my estimated completion date is March 6th. Must find a short term furnished rental in Seattle! Surgery will be approximately 3 months from my radiation start date... so I'm looking at the end of April. More details here: Radiation Oncology at UW Medical Center.

Of course, if my genetic testing results are somehow positive, this is all null and void.

No comments:

Post a Comment