Thursday, January 8, 2015

Email

Looks like it's gonna be awhile before I get those results... I just got this email from UW Genetics:

-----

Hi Blair-

I am so sorry to keep you in this limbo... but I think you will have to reschedule.  I just called the lab.  They have not yet heard from your insurance company with their decision about authorization.  Because the lab can't start the test until they have authorization, the test will take 2-3 weeks after authorization is given.  The representative I spoke to at the lab said she will call the insurance again and ask if our request can be given priority since you and your doctors are waiting for the results to make treatment decisions.

The lab will contact me when they get the decision from insurance and will likely ask me for permission to start the test.  I will instruct them to start and will contact you so you can schedule your return with Dr. Kim.

Again, I am really sorry about this.  I chose to send your testing to this specific lab because I truly thought we'd have results in 2-3 weeks.  I will remember this for the future and apologize that it has not gone smoothly for you.

Please let me know if you have other questions, but I'll be in touch when I have information.

Best,
Emily


-----

Stevie spent hours on the phone with Moda until a supervisor of some sort promised to have this resolved within 48 business hours. My docs want me to keep the appointment on 1/13, but I'm not sure what we will be discussing now...

I also heard from the gynecologic oncology department at UW Med. They are collecting all of my records and reviewing them... then they will call me back in the next few days to schedule the appropriate appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment