I had my drain removed today!! It was quick & relatively painless. I am so excited to have the bloody thing (no pun intended) gone. I am feeling better... out & about again. You wouldn't know anything was wrong if you looked at me and didn't know! However, the pain can be excruciating -- especially at night. The drain greatly contributed to that, but I'm mainly having trouble with the nerve pain. The back of my arm is always throbbing (worse when cold) and if I forget to take Advil, it hurts down to my fingertips. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary though -- I had very similar pains on my stomach after my wide-excision in Feb. Those pains eventually subsided, so I have hope for my arm, too!
Next steps... My surgical oncologist scheduled me to meet with a new doctor -- a medical oncologist -- to discuss Interferon. I am already dead set against it, but I literally have to have the discussion for my chart. It's just the standard of care.
I also have appointments for a skin check and another post-op... I feel so lucky that my last results were good and I am just going back for preventative care now.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment