This photo shows my lymph incision under my arm and where the drain is connected below. The other scars are from my previous surgery. The bulb is pinned to my shirt and had just been emptied when I took this photo.
The drain is full in this one. Stevie (Drain Master) empties it for me every 12 hours. It makes me gag, so I am very thankful for his help!
My post-op is on Tuesday, May 29th... so I have one more week with this thing, at the very least!
Hard things:
Getting dressed.
Can't wear a bra until drain comes out.
Washing my hair.
SLEEPING.
Can't open anything with right hand (no strength).
Can't lift my arm above chest level.
Pins & needles all the way to my elbow.
Can't feel my armpit or back of arm at all.
Could be a LONG time before I can shave again.
Could be even longer before I can actually raise my arm.
Good things:
NO NAUSEA! Never got sick after anesthesia... amazing.
NO SWELLING or signs of lymphedema.
Pain is now manageable with ibuprofen, so I have a clear head.
Ollie is only 4 pounds, so I can still snuggle him on my left side! :)
B
No comments:
Post a Comment