Based on my own research, I think I am experiencing axillary web syndrome or "cording" in my armpit. My range of motion is completely shot. From my armpit on down to my elbow, it feels like there is a rubber band inside. If I lift or reach even the slightest bit, it stops me & I'm afraid it's going to snap. I can see & feel the "cord" too -- it looks like a random tendon in my armpit. Stretching is very painful and my shoulder is super stiff. Of course, it's Saturday. I don't expect to hear back from my doctor until Monday.
I've read just about every article on this complication that I can get my hands on... and it sounds like I really need to see a physical therapist. They might be able to "pop" (SO NASTY) or break the cord, which is supposed to give some immediate relief. The "cord" then absorbs back into the body.
I'd gladly take back my drain to be rid of this... it's the worst physical pain/problem I've ever experienced in my life. I feel really alone, too... as I don't know a SINGLE person who has had this happen to them and it's hard for family & friends to fully grasp. I have been getting a bit of support on the message boards at Melanoma Research Foundation, though.
I just want to get on with my life already.
B
No comments:
Post a Comment