Mon, Dec 7th -- 3 month skin check with 2 planned biopsies.
Tues, Dec 8th -- post-op and Tamoxifen discussion.
No, I still haven't started Tamoxifen. Here is my conundrum... The drug acts as an anti-estrogen in breast tissue, but it acts like an estrogen in the uterus. Endometrial and uterine cancer are potential side effects. I have already had two open myomectomies for uterine fibroids -- miserable surgeries. I am a little afraid the drug will cause me another growth or worse. Plus, my grandmother actually had uterine cancer. HOWEVER, this drug is key to reducing my risk of bc recurrence. So, right now I am trying to figure out which risk I want to take... and I am running out of time! Feels like a lose-lose.
-----
YEAR IN REVIEW:
2 cancer diagnoses
1 troublesome fibroid
58 doses of radiation
7 radiation tattoos :)
5 operations with general anesthesia
8 nights in the hospital
3 trips to the ER
countless biopsies
countless imaging
countless blood labs & injections
countless tedious appointments
countless scars on my body
countless hours of frustration, pain, worry
countless drives to Seattle and back
and many, many, MANY dollars spent
2016... I see you!
What a year it has been- thinking of you this week & hoping things go well.
ReplyDelete