That was a fast month... the longest stretch I've gone without a doctor visit since August 2014 when I had pneumonia... knee stuff began September 2014 and it's been a whirlwind ever since.
Back to the grind... on Tuesday (10/20) I have my 6th month sarcoma follow-up (plus chest X-ray) and fibroid surgery pre-op (plus blood work).
Wednesday, I get to relax...
Thursday (10/22) is surgery day. It will be my 4th surgery in 2015... 5th in the span of a year. Like I've said before, the recovery from a myomectomy is a lot like a c-section and I expect to feel like myself in a month. Why am I having this fibroid removed when it's a benign condition that is causing me zero side effects? A few reasons...
1) It's growing. Rapidly. It increased from 4cm to 7cm over the summer.
2) Because I have a history of sarcoma, they MUST rule out uterine sarcoma (an extremely RARE cancer BTW). The only way to do that is through surgical pathology.
3) It would impede fertility.
Once I'm healed up, I will restart Tamoxifen.
No comments:
Post a Comment