I had 3 biopsies on Mon, 7/20. Really enjoyed my new dermatologist. She is associated with UW, but has a private practice on Mercer Island. I will go back to her for the results and to have my stitches removed on Thurs, 7/30. She agreed that I need to continue my skin exams every 3 months.
Radiation:
Finally got a phone call from scheduling and I will begin radiation on Wed, 7/29. The first day is a dry run and my first actual dose will be the following day. If all goes well, I will be finished with radiation therapy on approximately 9/10.
Anti-hormone therapy:
My medical oncologist ordered my prescription for Tamoxifen, which I will need to take for 5-10 years. I am supposed to begin taking it immediately, but I am waiting to make sure its okay with my gynecologic oncologist who is following my large fibroid. Tamoxifen can sometimes encourage fibroids to grow and.......
Fibroid:
Due to rapid growth (2cm in the last 3 months), I have to have this fibroid removed in October when I'm all finished with radiation. This will be an abdominal myomectomy -- I had the same surgery back in October 2009 and it's much like a c-section without the reward. I knew this surgery was inevitable, especially if we want to try for another baby someday, but I am bummed it has to happen so soon. It will be my 5th surgery in the span of a year. Maybe it's better to just get everything done now, though. And just a reminder, we cannot try for another baby until I've been on Tamoxifen for 2 years. At that point, it's safe to take a break from the medication and resume taking it after the baby is born.
Next week:
Tuesday -- Sarcoma surveillance (chest CT & checkup -- happens every 3 months)
Wed -- Radiation dry run
Thurs -- First dose of radiation (to continue every weekday for 6 weeks)
Thinking of you. ❤️
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration, B! I'm getting caught up on these posts and my heart just hurts for you. You are such a symbol of strength. Love and hugs!
ReplyDelete