Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Two down, one to go

My active treatment for sarcoma has come to an end! I am only on surveillance now. My appointment today was great -- my stitches came out and my chest CT was clear. I won't need to visit the sarcoma clinic again for 3 months! Woohoo! They are referring me to a lymphedema specialist to help me combat the swelling. I'm also wearing a new thigh-high compression stocking and it feels great!

Of course, I am right in the middle of active treatment for breast cancer... but I am happy to be able to focus all of my attention on this department now. My dry run for radiation is tomorrow and my first dose is on Thursday. We're in Seattle on weekdays for the next 6 weeks... commuting home to Long Beach on most weekends.

I also had my first dose of Tamoxifen last night. The most common side effect is menopause (temporary of course)... so I may have hot flashes and mood swings to look forward to. But maybe not... we'll see how it goes.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow, B! Am up feeding Mara now and we're thinking of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete