Well, we're finally underway. I've had three radiation treatments thus far. Monday was just a dry run and I got tattooed (tiny dots to precisely pinpoint the treatment area) in three places.
Tuesday was my first official dose of radiation and I immediately felt mildly nauseous / exhausted and napped for two hours. The entire appointment is less than 10 minutes start to finish... the radiation itself is under a minute. All I have to do is change into a gown, lay down on the table with my leg in a special mold and hold still for a quick treatment. It feels like mild static electricity, if anything.
Wednesday was totally uneventful physically, but the machines were running an hour behind so it was a longer day. Today was my third treatment and I was very nauseous afterward. I again slept it off and feel fine this afternoon. 3 down, 22 to go!
Oh, Blair! You are so amazingly strong. I guess I didn't really grasp ALL that you have been through lately with this. That is a lot to deal with, I can't even imagine. I'm so glad to hear that yiur first week of treatment is going as well as can be. Make sure to continue getting the rest you need. I'm certain your hubby is doing the best job taking care of you. Thanks so much for sharing your journey! I'll be following your updates. We miss you! Hugs 😘
ReplyDelete