Friday, February 28, 2014

Just an update...

Hello...  I thought I'd post a quick update.

Just the facts:

  • I still see a dermatologist for a full skin exam every 4 months. I love my doctor... I highly recommend Dr. Beata Rydzik to EVERYONE anywhere near PDX. I started seeing her in July 2013 after deciding I'd like a second set of eyes on my skin and I made a permanent switch.
  • I have bloodwork, chest x-rays, and a full body PET scan every 6 months. 
  • I visit my surgical oncologist at OHSU every 4 months. I chose to stop seeing my medical oncologist, simply because I am not nor have I ever received medication and it's a superfluous visit (IMO).
  • I have had countless biopsies since 2012 and they have all been benign.
  • I had mole-mapping photos done at OHSU and it was the most embarrassing experience of my life. But, the pictures are SO helpful. Whenever I think I have a new mole or want to find out if one has changed, I have my photos to refer to.

So, basically... I'm doing great!  Not everyone is so lucky, so I feel very fortunate that all I am dealing with is tedious appointments.  This will continue until I reach 5 years NED... which is technically May 2017.

-----

Awhile back, I posted the wonderful video Dear 16-Year-Old Me.  If you haven't seen it yet, definitely watch it. I was so saddened to hear that one of the women, Meredith, in the video passed away from ocular melanoma (just 26 years old) this week. May she rest in peace. :(

XOXO,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment