Just keeping record....
It's been 5 months since my lymphadenectomy. I haven't been to the oncologist in 4 months! I go in for follow-ups next week. I expect them to be quite uneventful. They will give me a physical exam and try to schedule me for a PET scan. I won't be having one though (currently pregnant).
Arm update:
Cording is still a non-issue, but I do feel it in my forearm at times -- usually stretching takes care of it. Numbness continues behind shoulder, upper chest on the right side (site of incision), back of right arm about midway down, & armpit. Hurts to apply deodorant. Range of motion is not perfect and I don't trust my arm with too much body weight or excessive reaching. I hope that will change someday.
Wide excision update:
Looking good!!! If I have to have a 4 inch scar across my stomach... this one really isn't that bad!! It's flat and fades more every month. The area is still semi-numb and sensitive though.
That's all I know today!
B
No comments:
Post a Comment