^^ That is literally what my sarcoma surgeon said to me when he walked into the room on Tuesday.
I have two new lumps next to the scar on the inside of my knee. We don't know what they are. It's impossible to speculate just by feeling them. They definitely appeared out of nowhere, are gradually getting bigger, mostly painless, and very firm. They're close together, but I can't tell if they are connected.
I went back to SCCA on Tues 11/10 and my doctor said the lumps seem a bit too focal to be scar tissue, but they don't necessarily feel like obvious tumors. So, he ordered me a knee MRI and fine needle biopsy. I am just waiting for the scheduler to call me to set up those appointments.
I emailed my doctor and asked him if they could be signs of pes anserine bursitis (a condition that has appeared on my past MRI's) and he wrote me the following:
---
Hi Blair
You’re correct, the location makes sense. I don’t think those lumps are typical of bursitis, particularly given the number of tumors that have grown over the past year. I think that it’s best to do the imaging and biopsy we discussed in clinic. If that shows bursitis that would be fantastic.
Darin
---
Hopefully I will have an answer in the next couple of weeks. Everything takes SOOOOOOO LONG.
Sending you lots of love and wishing for bursitis!!!! Sloane is one lucky girl to have such a strong mama. xoxo ~KB
ReplyDelete