Monday, October 20, 2014

3rd pair of Bair Paws

I received the results of the FNA of my knee/leg/whatever on October 11th.  It was a (most likely) benign spindle cell nerve tumor... also known as a schwannoma. Never heard of it. But of course it must be removed... no lumps or bumps left untreated here! Surgery was scheduled for Friday, October 17th.

I got the results of my (6) skin biopsies a mere 24 hours before surgery. 2 were normal, 2 were dysplastic nevi with clear margins... and 2 were dysplastic nevi requiring additional surgical excision. Of course. Oh well... not melanoma!!!

Had a successful surgery on the 17th. My surgical oncologist biopsied the tumor from my leg and took care of the last minute excisions, too. Recovery is going well. Three lovely new scars... what else is new? The pain is tolerable, but I am definitely hobbling around. The nerve damage is the worst part!!!!! Can't feel my shin at all. :(

Should receive the "all clear" path report by Friday the 24th. Doc said the tumor was totally consistent with the benign schwannoma diagnosis. I now have 3 pairs of Bair Paws socks.




No comments:

Post a Comment